Arsip

Beyonce Knowles Visited A Drug Rehab Facilty To Prepare For Her New Film Role

17 Maret 2009

Beyonce Knowles visited rehab to prepare for her role in the new film "Cadillac Records."

The singer-and-actress visited a treatment clinic for people suffering from addiction to learn about the drug problems experienced by U.S. soul singer Etta James, who Beyonce portrays in the movie.
Beyonce, 27, said: "I've never tried drugs in my life, so I didn't know about it all. I learned a lot about myself."
Etta, now 70, became a music sensation in the 50s and 60s, and is said to have been exposed to substance abuse from an early age after growing up in the spotlight.
And Beyonce admits her preparation for the part also had a massive influence on her new album "I am... Sasha Fierce."
The "Bootylicious" singer explained: "It changed my art. It changed my way of looking at everything, my approach to the songs I chose and the way I sang."
"Before, I was still really insecure and scared and now I have the confidence. It was like I had gone through therapy to something. I felt like a whole new woman, ready to reveal me. The real me."
Meanwhile, Beyonce was joined by a leotard-clad Justin Timberlake on stage on Saturday.
The pop pair performed a version of her track "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" on TV show "Saturday Night Live" - and Justin parodied the song's video by throwing some comical dance moves.
Beyonce also sung another version of the track with real female backing dancers and her latest single "If I Were a Boy."

0 komentar: